Sotogrande is a unique place fitting with any lifestyle! Here you will find your place if you are coming on family holiday or holiday with friends. The surrounding is offering various activity options and most importantly this is the heart of Polo in Spain and in Europe. Here comes every summer all the most famous and prestigious polo players such as Adolfo Cambiaso, Pelon Stirling, Juan Martin Nero or Facundo Pieres.
The list of restaurant is non exhaustive! But here is to our favorites: el Chiringuito Cai, Trocadro, Chambao Beach Club and El Octogono.
If you want to enjoy some sunbathing time we will recommend the following beach spots very close to Iridike Polo Club: Cala Sardina, Cucurucho Beach, Torreguardiaro Beach and Los Catamanores Beach.
Sotogrande and the Province of Cadiz count in their land one of the most beautiful beaches of the world where you will also be able to find the best place in eat on those beaches. Moreover you will find a wide range of local gastronomic restaurants from the tradictional Italian trattoria to the Japanese or Argentinian fusion.
- Cancha II: Indulge a true polo experience and enjoy Argentinian food with beautiful views on the fields of Ayala Polo Club
- Gigi Beach: Have diner feet in the sand
- Hotel Maritimo: Sea food restaurant for a dining experience facing the sea
- Bar KE: Wonderful scenary perfect place for lunch and diner facing the harbour
- Trattoria Portobello: Italian vibes for a restaurant in the heart of the harbour
- Petit Bistro: Lovely breakfast overhere!
1h30 from Malaga airport
Yearly average temperature of 22C
14/15 hours of sun a day (from March to October)
Sports in Sotogrande
In this part of Spain you will find a wide range of sport option, from land to sea! Soto is well known for its aquatic activities, learn how to fish, how to jetski or how to windsurf! If kite surf is your thing Sotogrande is only 25min from Tarifa.
The lovely weather allows to play tennis, padel tennis, any equestrian sports all year long.
This part of Spain is one of the most touristical region of the country, here are the sightseeing options at your door:
- Tarifa – beach, kitesurf and hippie vibes
- Ronda – Enjoy the iconic antic bridge the city is lovely to stroll around and visit La plaza de toros, one of the oldest square of Spain Plaza de la duquesa o las famosas vistas de Puente Nuevo
- Gibraltar - Visit the Peñón de Gibraltar and las cuevas de San Miguel on top of Gibraltar Rock! Go have a look to los Túneles del Gran Asedio (WWII) and the Botanical Gardens After all this history, head down to the Main Street for some shopping and a true English fish and chips!
- Cádiz - Lovely seaside city full of history
- Jerez - Known internationally of its bodegas, Jerez is a perfect day trip to discover the Spanish wines
- Málaga - Visit The Famous Alcazaba enjoy a shopping session in the city center and have a break for some great tapas in Muelle 1 .
- Granada – Discover one of the most iconic place of Spain, La Alhambra Granada. The city is known of its miriade of tapas bars! explore the little streets after your day of historical visits. Don't miss the spectacular view of Sierra Nevada .